So you’ve tried and tried to make the best apple pie over a campfire and it just hasn’t worked out. Here’s an easy recipe that may not look like your traditional apple pie but it tastes just as good.
Apple Pie on a Stick
- Apples- Firm and tart, for as many people as will be eating
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Skewer the apple- unpeeled
- Place over hot amber coals and rotate until the skins turn black and begin to split.
- Remove the skins with a fork
- Roll your apple in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until well coated.
- Remove from the skewer and enjoy!